Your Membership Has Expired

Subscribe Now!


These are our most recent articles. Also see which stocks have been this week’s best and worst performers.

Is GameStop’s (GME) Dividend Safe?

Founded in 1994, GameStop (GME) is a video game, consumer electronics, and wireless services retailer. The company operates 7,200 stores in 14 countries in North America, Europe, and Australia. GameStop's core business model is selling new and pre-owned video games, as well as accessories like: controllers, gaming headsets, virtual reality products, memory cards. The company has attempted to pivot from its original business model of reselling video games and video game hardware (still 80% of sales) through physical retail stores, into a rather haphazard focus on the digital content, distribution, and various accessory businesses. GameStop now markets downloadable content such as video games, network points cards, prepaid digital subscription cards. In addition, the company operates e-commerce sites under the GameStop, [...]

August 2nd, 2018|

A Guide to Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs)

Individual retirement accounts (IRAs) were first created by Congress in 1974 to help workers take more control over their retirement savings. In 1978 the 401(k) was created, and the Roth IRA came into existence in 1997. With the decline in traditional pensions these individual retirement accounts have become a critical source of retirement income for most Americans. However, while there are several major benefits to these plans, they also have an important stipulation called "required minimum distributions" (RMDs). Let's take a look at what investors need to know about RMDs, and how they will affect your taxes in retirement. What are Required Minimum Distributions? Retirement accounts are designed to incentivize retirement savings by offering significant tax benefits. For example, traditional [...]

August 2nd, 2018|

High Yield Dividend Stocks — August 2018

High dividend stocks appeal to many investors living off dividends in retirement because their high yields provide generous income. Many of the highest paying dividend stocks offer a high yield in excess of 4%, and some even yield 10% or more. However, not all high yield dividend stocks are safe. Let’s review what high dividend stocks are, where stocks with high dividends can be found in the market, and how to identify which high dividends are risky. At the end of the article, we will take a look at 27 of the best high dividend stocks, providing analysis on each company. Almost all of these high yield stocks offer a dividend yield greater than 4%, have increased their dividends for [...]

August 2nd, 2018|

Johnson Controls International (JCI): Paying Dividends Since 1887

Founded in 1885, Johnson Controls International (JCI) is a diversified global industrial conglomerate that provides: heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, industrial refrigeration products, energy management services, security products and systems, fire detection systems, and batteries for a variety of vehicles. The company sells to more than 4 million commercial, industrial, retail, residential, small business, institutional, and governmental customers in over 150 countries. Johnson Controls International operates through two business segments: Building Technologies & Solutions (76% of 2017 sales): the core heating, cooling, and security business. Power Solutions (24% of 2017 sales): focused on the automotive industry, with 76% of sales to the automotive replacement market (the remaining 24% to automotive manufacturers). While it operates around the globe, Johnson Controls remains [...]

August 1st, 2018|
Load More Posts